The Fourth of July holiday is almost here, and to honor it, I’m giving away a gift bag of Dove Chocolates and other goodies. The idea came to me* on my recent visit to the Dove chocolate Factory. I had been invited down there to learn all about their chocolate Promises, and how they were adding mint to them. They were quite excited about it, and I could see why.I love mint (who doesn’t?) and I add it to many dishes. I put it in a so many dishes, including the following
- A scrumptious summer beet salad that’s a good side with anything from grilled meat to fresh fish.
- A savory pasta sauce where the mint offsets the sharp edge of browned garlic.
- A sophisticated Linguini alle Vongole that’s brightened up by the mint.
- Debbie Koenig’s kid-pleasing “Baked Macaroni with Ricotta, Spinach, and Mint,” from her book, “Parents Need to Eat Too.”
- A zucchini and ricotta pasta where mint went from a substitute role to shining star.
- A Vietnamese chicken salad, where it pairs up with lime and ginger and cabbage.
Send me an email or leave a comment with some of the ways you use mint, and I’ll pick the most interesting one and send you a care package with Dove Mint & Dark Chocolate Swirl Promises, those bite-sized bits of chocolate pleasure, and other things—gum, soap, lip balm, candles—that are made better by mint.
*Note: I’m doing this to be patriotic, and what is more American than making a dollar? For it’s not just out of the goodness of my heart that I’m showering you with chocolate. I’ve been paid by the Dove Chocolate folks to help promote their new product.